I just moved. How do I change my address with the bankruptcy court?

It’s easy, but it does take more than a phone call.

When you file bankruptcy, you give the bankruptcy court a good mailing address so that you can receive court notices, including notices of your 341 Meeting of Creditors and any other hearings that might take place.  If you move, you can forward your mail to the new address, but you should really file a Change of Address (“COA”) with the court.

It is a simple form found on the court’s main website.  Here in Utah, we use this form:  http://www.utb.uscourts.gov/clerks_office/forms/addresschng.pdf

That’s it.  You can even mail it in.