Can I re-open my chapter 7 bankruptcy to strip or remove a judicial lien from my home after the case has already been closed?


You can file a motion to reopen the chapter 7 case and a motion to avoid judicial lien.  Just remember that this is not a normal service as part of your original bankruptcy, and you’ll have to hire an attorney to file these two motions.  In addition to the attorney’s fees, you’ll have to pay a fee of $260 to the bankruptcy court to reopen the case.

If you would like a longer discussion of the process of stripping the judicial lien, go to this blog entry:

Leave a Reply